I’d like to first offer that I know that finding a therapist who “gets” you can be challenging.
And, that those first few sessions can be terrifying in learning to become vulnerable. It was difficult for me as well, and incredibly healing.
A Therapist with experience working with teens, adults, and couples, I received my Masters in Counseling from Adams State University in Alamosa, CO and my Undergraduate degree from Unity College in Maine.
With practice in education, the social services sector, foster care/adoption, and counseling,
I am able to work with a wide variety of clientele. I am bilingual in Spanish and have
extensive experience working with trauma, self-esteem, anxiety, depression, and a dysregulated nervous system.
I use a variety of treatment methods and recognize that everyone is unique.
I believe we all have the strength to become more aware, to make positive changes, and to
honor who we are. My therapy style is holistic, compassionate, down to earth, and oftentimes challenging. I aspire to help my clients feel safe, understood, heard, and challenged to make the changes they desire without fear or judgment.
More personally, I am married with two kids. I grew up on the East Coast before deciding to make Colorado my home. I love traveling, hiking, cross-country skiing, gardening and going on lots of outdoor adventures.
You can check out my professional qualifications and credentials below:
- B.A. Environmental Studies with an Emphasis in Humanities, Unity College
- M.A. Counselor Education, Adams State University
- EMDR Level I & II
- EMDR in the Playroom
- Certified Synergetic Play Therapist(TM)
- Certified Synergetic Play Therapist Supervisor (TM)
- Self-Regulation in the Playroom
- Art in Play Therapy
- Sand in Play Therapy
- Growing Up in Play Therapy
- Music in Action with Play Therapy
- Experiential Play Therapy Training
- Certified Yoga Teacher
- Gestalt Intensives and Trainings 2017-Present
- Certified Gestalt Therapist (2022)